The following is a list of special local taxation provisions aimed at supporting victims of the recent new coronavirus epidemic.
○ A company that has suspended its business or has suffered damage due to a confirmed patient or quarantined new coronavirus patient among its employees, a company that has suspended its business due to a confirmed new coronavirus patient among its visitors/customers, other entities affected directly and indirectly by the new coronavirus
* Example: Companies/organizations in the medical care, travel, performance, distribution, accommodation, and food industries (luxury entertainment companies/organizations ineligible)
□ Support Details
○ (Deadline Extension) Delayed reporting of income, payment of taxes, etc. for up to 6 months (maximum 1 year in total)
※ Acquisition tax (as required), individual regional income tax (for transfers, etc.), residence tax for employees
○ (Deferred Collection) Deferred notice, more installment options, deferred collection and disposition for failure in tax payments (seizures, disposal, etc.) for up to 6 months (maximum 1 year in total)
○ (Postponed Tax Investigation) Postponement of tax investigations until the period determined by the head of the municipality
□ Application Instructions
○ In principle, the company or entity affected by the new coronavirus must apply directly (if necessary the Gun or Gu office may offer the above-stated support under its authority)
- Ex officio measures when a confirmed patient or quarantined patient of the new coronavirus is unable to apply himself/herself
▷ Inquiries: Incheon Metropolitan City Regional Tax Policy Office (440-2542), Taxation Coordination Office (440-2632)
- For more details, please contact the Tax Department at your local Gun or Gu office.