Staring on March 6, 2020, the mask purchase procedures will change in order to monitor multiple purchases of masks for public selling in accordance with the revised ‘Emergency Measures for Adjusting Supply and Demand of Face Masks and Hand Sanitizers’.
1. Only TWO masks can be purchased per Person per Week
- At pharmacies, only two masks can be bought per person per week from Monday through Sunday.
- At post offices and Nonghyup Hanaro Marts, only two masks can be bought per person per week.
※ One mask can be purchased per person until the multiple purchase monitoring system is in place.
- Even if you have bought one mask, additional purchase cannot be made during that week. Therefore, purchase of two masks at once is recommended. Also, you cannot buy more than two masks per week even if you were unable to purchase them during the previous week.
2. 5-Day Rotation System for Mask Purchase is implemented
- To reduce the waiting time to buy masks, the day for purchasing masks is designated depending on the last digit of a person’s birth year (or Alien Registration Number).
| MON || |
| WED || |
| FRI || |
Last digit of birth year
| 1 || |
| 3 || |
| 5 || |
Those unable to purchase during the week
| 6 || |
| 8 || |
| 0 |
- When a legal representative (parent, etc.) visits to purchase on his/her designated day, the accompanying minor can buy masks regardless of his/her birth year.
3. Multiple Purchase Monitoring System is implemented
- Please bring your official identification card
| Identification |
| Adult || Present your Resident Registration Card or Driver’s License or passport |
1) Present your passport
2) Present your Student ID with Resident Register Copy
3) Present the accompanying legal representative’s ID card and Resident Register Copy
Proxy purchase for the disabled can be made when a legal representative presents the ID of Person with Disabilities
| Foreigners || Present your Alien Registration Card |
- Please cooperate in presenting your ID and using your Resident Registration Number (or Alien Registration Number) when purchasing masks.
If you have inquiries, please call the Call Center of Ministry of Food and Drug Safety at 1577-1255 (extension no. 5) or the Government Call Center at 110.