Self-subsistence is the way toward independence
Announcement of Basic Promotion Plan for
Environmentally-friendly Eco Land (tentative name) and Resource Circulation Center
◎ Environmentally-friendly Eco Land (tentative name)
- Recommended priority area: 248-1 Yeongheung-myeon, Ongjin-gun (about 150,000 m2 out of 900,000 or so m2)
- After incineration and recycling, the minimum amount of incineration ash and incombustible waste are buried at a depth of 30 to 40 meters below ground
◎ Resource Circulation Centers for Municipal Waste
- The existing facilities will reduce their capacity and conduct modernization or major repairs (Cheongna and Songdo) *When the Seo-gu district establishes its own construction plan for one of its centers, the facility will be used at its full capacity.
- New facilities will be constructed, if possible, in public land or industrial complexes instead of residential areas.
· Priority candidate areas for Jung-gu and Michuhol-gu: within the Environment Affairs Agency in the South Port
· Priority candidate areas for Namdong-gu and Dong-gu: within the feedfacility of food garbage in Namdogn-gu
*If any, requests of moving the location through public discussions will be fully reflected.
· Gangwha-gun: transshipment sites of municipal waste
*For Bupyeong-gu and Gyeyang-gu, further notice will be announced.
◎ Establishment of Comprehensive Support Plan: Bold Supports and Incentives
- To provide 5.8 billion won worth of Yeongheung Development Fund annually and establish resident convenience facilities
- To hire local residents first for the operation of landfill facilities
- To install resident convenience facilities within resource circulation centers and increase supports, including project budgets for resident demands