◇ August 15th is the 75thanniversary of the National Liberation Day.
- Let’s all hang the Taegeukgi with our love for ourcountry.
○ Each family can hang the Taegeukgi from 07:00to 18:00 on August 15 (Sat).
※ The Taegeukgi can be hoisted24 hours a day in accordance with Article 8 of the act on the flag of theRepublic of Korea.
○ If there is a possibility that the dignity of thenational flag may be damaged due to heavy rain, wind (severe weather), etc.,the flag should not be hoisted. If it is temporary bad weather, the flag shouldbe hung once the weather is clear.
◇ Hoisting position of Taegeukgiat home
○ It should be hung at the center or to the left of the maingate from the outside (on the handrails of each household in the multi-familyhousing such as apartment).
※ Please be aware of safety accidents when hanging theTaeguekgi, and be careful that the accidents would not occur from the Taeguekgifalling off from the railings in high-rise buildings such as apartments.
◇ Purchasing the Taegeukgi
○ It can be purchased through the civil service center of thelocal government (Gun-office, Gu-office & community service center of Eup,Myeon, and Dong), online post offices(www.epost.go.kr), and online Taegeukgi vendors.
○ Polluted and damaged Taegeukgi can beplaced in the national flag collection boxes installed at the local governmentcivil service centers and community service centers.