Incheon subsidizing up to 90% of installation costs... Free first-come-first-serve offer for apartment security offices
Incheon has green lit its “2023 Mini Solar Power Generator Module Project” to help locals reduce their utility bills and promote the use of new and renewable energy.
The City will invest KRW 530 million this year to promote the supply of mini solar power generator modules to roughly 430 locations. An additional KRW 130 million to the previous year’s budget is expected to come in handy as the City looks to install more mini solar power generators in houses, buildings, and apartment security offices.
▲ Incheon will invest KRW 530million this year to promote the supply of mini solar power generator modules to roughly 430 locations. An additional KRW 130 million to the previous year’s budget is expected to come in handy as the City looks to install more mini solar power generators in houses, buildings, and apartment security offices.
Incheon will subsidize up to 80% of the cost when installing mini solar power generator modules depending on their capacity (KRW 800,000 for 300W modules, KRW 1.6million for 600W modules), and an extra 10% (maximum subsidy of 90%) for group applications made by apartment communities (minimum 10 households).
The project is also offering free installation of mini solar power generators at apartment security offices, the same as it did last year. Incheon will subsidize 90% of the installation cost (including funds from Gu district budgets) and participating companies will pay for the remaining 10%, meaning the apartment security office bears no cost.
The mini solar power generator module project began back in 2014 to promote the voluntary use of new and renewable energy. Until last year, the project had managed to supply 898kW in solar power capacity across a total of 2,191 locations in Incheon.
A 600W mini solar power generator can produce approximately 81 ㎾ h of electricity a month, which is enough to use a wall-mounted air conditioner in a 20m2 room for about three hours every day. Every generator module is backed by a 5-year warranty offered by the installing company.
Applications will remain open from February to November (first-come-first-served basis). Residents can choose from Milim Co., Ltd. ( ☎ 032-577-5292), Solar Terrace Co., Ltd. ( ☎ 1566-3221), Joongang Energy Co., Ltd. ( ☎ 032-812-0302) and proceed with installing their mini solar power generator modules.
In the case of apartment security offices, the offer is limited to five apartments per year. Thus, apartment managers must apply as soon as possible.
For more information on the mini solar power generator module project, please visit the Incheon Metropolitan City website(www.incheon.go.kr) and go to Communication → News.
Inquiries: 032-440-4354, Incheon Metropolitan City Government Energy Policy Division