Vaccinations become less effective over time and increasing the risk of infection. COVID-19 has a greater effect on infection and severe prevention than basic vaccinations when the 3rd vaccination (booster) is completed.
Recently, the rate of foreigners confirmed cases of COVID-19 is high, while the rate of 3rd vaccination for foreigners is low compared to koreans, So please make sure to get the 3rd vaccination for a safe life in Korea.
Foreigners at the age of 18 and above who have completed the basic vaccination in Korea or abroad can receive the 3rd vaccination(booster) free of charge.
ㅇ Vaccination Period
- 3rd vaccination can received after 3 months(90 days) after the completion of the primary vaccination. Janssen vaccinated person can receive the second dose(booster) after 2 months(60 days).
* Basic vaccination : 2 doses for Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca, 1 dose for Janssen
- If the third vaccination is not received within 6 months after completing the primary vaccination, the effectiveness of the quarantine pass will be lost, and the effect will be recognized immediately upon receiving the third vaccination.
ㅇ Vaccine Type and Place of Vaccination
- Currently, the 3rd dose is administered with mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna). However, if you want to receive a 2nd dose(booster) of a Janssen vaccine, please contact the nearest public health center.
- Regardless whether you have health insurance or not, you can receive the vaccination at a medical institution or public health center that provides vaccination against COVID-19.
ㅇ How to make a reservation
① Foreigners who have completed basic vaccination in Korea
1) Registered foreigners : Reservations can be made online or by phone in the same way as for the basic vaccination.
* Online reservation : Access to the COVID-19 vaccination advance reservation system (https://ncvr.kdca.go.kr) and make a reservation after verifying your identity.
** Phone reservation : Call center of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (☏1339) or phone number for reservation counseling by local government(access https://ncv.kdca.go.kr → Check ‘COVID-19 vaccination phone reservation operation status’)
2) Unregistered foreigners (Including undocumented immigrants) : You can make a reservation by phone or by visiting a vaccination institution (Medical Institution or Public Health Center) using the temporary management number issued by the public health center during the basic vaccination.
② Foreigners who have completed basic vaccination abroad (Including foreigners staying for less than 90 days)
- You can make a reservation by visiting a nearby public health center with your ID card, getting a temporary management number and register your overseas vaccination history, and make a reservation by phone or by visiting a vaccination institution (medical institution or health center).
* Registered foreigners do not need issuance of a temporary management number.
- Identity information is used only for vaccination purposes, Under the exemption system for notification obligations, illegal stay is not notified to immigration and foreign government offices
- For further details, please refer to the COVID-19 vaccination website (https://ncv.kdca.go.kr). of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). for COVID-19 vaccination