www.letskorail.com (English, Chinese, Japanese available) ☎ 1544-7788
When you head out from Incheon to other regions (especially southern part), you may consider taking a train other than buses. Incheon city has no railway station, but boarding is available at Yeongdeungpo Station or Seoul Station along Subway Line No. 1.
Types of trains
- Mugunghwa Train : Connect Seoul, Jeonla-do, Geongsang-do and Gangwon- do. It is cheaper than other trains but slower in speed.
- Saemauel Train: Faster than Mugunghwa train and there are economic class and specialty class seats available. more Expensive than Mugunghwa Train.
- KTX: It is the first high-speed trains in Korea. Which can run 2-3 hours faster Mugungwhaho train, but it's fare is more expensive than Mugungwha or Saemaul trains.
- Tourist train: According to area or subject, there are various tourist trains and they are connected to tourist attractions for each course. (For more details: go into Korail website. Let's korail.com)
- Internet Purchase: You can purchase all train tickets online except for airport line.
- On-site purchase: You can directly purchase a ticket in train stations(Seoul station, Yeongdeungpo station) Incheon Bupyeong station (Metro line#1)